Browse our selection of workbooks and activity books, covering subjects across all grades levels from Pre-K to High School.
Learn With Their Favorite Characters
Everything You Need to Ace Series
Princeton AP & Test Review
Barron's AP & Test Prep
When you think of activity books for kids, you probably think of connect-the-dots and little mazes. But there's another kind, too, the kind that stimulates a child's imagination with fun and encourages them to figure things out. Reading should be fun, and ThriftBooks has tons of fun options.
Why Get Activity Books For Kids?
The whole purpose of an activity book is to make learning fun for your child! From find-it books to building books, they engage your little one's imagination and draw them into the world of reading. Activity books can be a great addition to any classroom or home library!
Types Of Children's Activity Books
There are lots of different kinds of children's activity books! We've listed a few types below.
- Rhyming books - Rhyming books are great for increasing language skills in younger kids.
- Interactive books - These fun books can help younger children develop hand/eye coordination.
- Eye-Spy books - This type of activity book can help build your child's memory skills, shape and number recognition, and improve their reading skills.
- Building books - These books push children to use their imagination and be creative.
- Riddle books - These activity books are fantastic for kids to practice their reading and language skills while having a laugh.
Which Activity Books To Choose?
There's no right or wrong age for people who can read activity books, so go with whatever type you think will catch your child's attention. We have a vast selection of excellent activity books for kids here at Thriftbooks. And some of them are popular classics that you might even remember from your childhood. Take a look below at just a few of our children's activity books.
For Younger Readers
- Press Here by Herve Tullet - Perfect as a read-aloud book for a preschool classroom or a bedtime story; this adorable board book teaches kids how to interact with the world around them.
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson - Travel with Harold as he shows you just how far your imagination can take you. With all of the funny twists and hilarious surprises, this one is sure to entertain your little reader!
- Oh, The Thinks You Can Think by Dr. Seuss - This classic book celebrates using your imagination and encourages your young reader to think.
- How Do Dinosaurs Play With Their Friends? by Jane Yolen - Complete with comical illustrations, this rhyming board book will help to teach your child how to react to real-world situations.
For Older Readers
- Where's Waldo? by Martin Handford - Your child can join Waldo, an intrepid traveler who is trekking the whole wide world in search of his missing belongings.
- I Spy: Treasure Hunt by Jean Marzollo - Let your kiddo become a detective as they read pirate maps and search for hidden caves. Readers can examine the different objects and solve the picture riddles.
- The Lego Ideas Book by Daniel Lipkowitz - This book is a terrific way to inspire your little one's creativity and kickstart their imagination!
- Roxaboxen by Alice McLerran - Let your child's imagination run free in the magic of the make-believe land of Roxaboxen.
These are just a sample of the fun activity books for kids we have available here at ThriftBooks. Stimulate your child's mind with an interesting activity book!
Here at ThriftBooks, we buy and process huge amounts of books, which means we have a BIG inventory. That allows us to offer your favorite activity books for kids at amazingly low prices!
Are you interested in earning free books? Then don't miss the chance to check out our ReadingRewards program.
You can always depend on ThriftBooks to have a great selection of kids' activity books. Check back often to see what's new! Have any questions? Reach out to us, and we'll be glad to help!