Official Rules for the Stephen King The Shining Giveaway ("Official Rules"):
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THRIFTBOOKS GLOBAL LLC AND NOT NECESSARILY TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL BE USED AS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The ThriftBooks Stephen King The Shining Giveaway is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, except for the following individuals: (a) employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of ThriftBooks Global LLC ("ThriftBooks") and its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, advertising, and giveaway agencies ("Excluded Individuals"); (b) the immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, child, husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of Excluded Individuals; and (c) persons living in their same household as Excluded Individuals—whether or not they are related. The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law; all applicable federal, state, and local laws apply. If a winner is at least 18, but still considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, ThriftBooks reserves the right to award the Prize (as defined below) to the winner's parent or legal guardian, who will be required to fulfill all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD. The Giveaway begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time July 13, 2021, and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on July 26, 2021 (the "Giveaway Period"). ThriftBooks maintains the official Giveaway timekeeping device.
3. ENTRY. You may enter the Giveaway using one or more of the following options:
- 1. Pre-order. Pre-order the book Billy Summers by Stephen King (ISBN 1982173610 or ISBN 179712269X) and you will be automatically entered into the giveaway. Entries are limited to one entry per person. OR
2. Alternative Method of Entry. If you do not wish to pre-order Billy Summers by Stephen King, send an email to email@example.com with the Subject Line: “Entry For The Shining Giveaway” stating, “I wish to enter the Giveaway”, and include your name, email address and physical address. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
All entries must be received within the Giveaway Period. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. ThriftBooks assumes no liability for lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries.
Limit one entry per person. Orders of multiple copies of Billy Summers by Stephen King, or multiple orders of the item, will count as one entry. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Official Rules. If any person uses fraudulent methods or otherwise attempts to circumvent the Official Rules, the entries may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ThriftBooks.
4. PRIZES. ThriftBooks will give away one copy of a first edition of The Shining by Stephen King. Any cost or expense associated with the acceptance or use of the Prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, federal, state, or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of ThriftBooks. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of Prize is permitted, except by ThriftBooks who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with one of comparable or greater value.
5. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Each prize described herein will be awarded.
6. WINNER SELECTION. Winners will be selected from eligible entries in a cumulative random drawing within ten days of the end of the Giveaway Period. By entering the Giveaway, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of ThriftBooks, which will be final and binding in all respects. ThriftBooks reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of the potential winners. Winners will be required to provide their full name and may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. ThriftBooks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void the entries of entrants in violation of these Official Rules or believed to have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Giveaway.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The Giveaway winner will be notified within ten days of winner selection via email. Winner selected must respond by providing their name and claiming their prize within seven days of receiving the notification that they have been selected. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner's failure to respond to the message claiming the prize within seven days of attempted notification, or return of the Prize notification as non-deliverable, may result in disqualification of the winner and—at the discretion of ThriftBooks—awarding of the Prize to an alternate winner.
8. RIGHTS GRANTED BY WINNERS. ThriftBooks may use the winner's name and likeness in any medium without permission or further compensation, except as prohibited by law. A complete list of Giveaway winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed and stamped envelope within one year of the Giveaway Period to: ThriftBooks Billy Summers Giveaway Winner's List, 18300 Cascade Ave S #150, Tukwila, WA 98188.
10. RIGHT TO CANCEL GIVEAWAY. If for any reason this Giveaway is not capable of being run or implemented as planned (as determined by ThriftBooks in its sole discretion), due to any reason including, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, computer viruses or bugs, or any other cause of any kind, which, in ThriftBooks' sole judgment, is likely to or actually corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway (including, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other cause of any kind), then ThriftBooks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Giveaway or to disqualify any implicated entrant and any associated entries. In the event of cancellation or termination, ThriftBooks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to pick the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation or termination.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, ThriftBooks reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys' fees) and other remedies from any such person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. ThriftBooks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrants whom ThriftBooks believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Giveaway or is in violation of these Official Rules, and void all associated entries.
11. DISCLAIMER. ThriftBooks is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, postage due or undelivered mail, or for telephonic, human, or computer failures, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications, or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the processing of entries or electronic mail or the announcement, delivery or use of the prizes, or for any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway, or for printing, typographical, computer, network, electronic, mechanical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Giveaway-related materials.
12. UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES. The failure of ThriftBooks to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, action of governmental authorities, or any force majeure event or event outside the control of ThriftBooks, whether in whole or in part, will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
13. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER: This Giveaway is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA, without reference to conflicts of laws principles. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS GIVEAWAY WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, EXCLUSIVELY BEFORE THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS IN SEATTLE, WASHINGTON.
14. CONTEST SPONSOR: ThriftBooks Global LLC, 18300 Cascade Ave S #150, Tukwila, WA 98188. Any questions or comments regarding this Giveaway must be directed in writing to ThriftBooks.
Please note: Entrants can enter the Giveaway for free by the Alternate Method of Entry described in Section 3.2 of these Official Rules.