A Letter to Our ThriftBooks Customers
We continue to monitor and follow directives from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as related to COVID-19. Providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees while also doing all we can to be a good business partner for our customers, suppliers, and communities remain our top priorities.
Below are details on how we are actively managing against COVID-19:
- We have implemented enhanced daily protocols of cleaning and sanitizing all common areas in our processing centers, including tools, machinery, and all shared areas.
- All workstations are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after every shift.
- Employees are using latex-free or disposable gloves whenever necessary.
- All visitors to our processing centers must wash or sanitize hands as a first requirement upon entering the center.
- Breaks and lunches are staggered to minimize the number of people in break rooms.
- We require employees continue to practice proper hygiene: washing their hands with soap often and following proper cough and sneeze hygiene.
- All processing center employees feeling ill or displaying any symptoms of illness are being provided excused absences and asked to stay home until they are well.
- All office workers who can do so are working from home.
ThriftBooks has always had a personal connection with the communities we serve, through our processing centers, our local and national book donations, our partnerships with libraries across the country, and with you, our customers. Throughout the uncertainty ahead, we remain committed to being a resource for you.
After you have taken the necessary precautions for your health and safety, and that of your friends and family, we encourage you to pause and find the beauty in the gift of time that has suddenly been given to all of us—time to connect with family, play a game, learn a new craft, study a new course, begin a new hobby, even read a new book or re-discover an old favorite. We think of books as treasures, but no treasures are greater than the people we hold dear.
Wishing you wellness,
ThriftBooks Global LLC
Shipping Status Updates
As shipping and delivery issues caused by COVID-19 are changing daily, updates will be posted to this page.
The ThriftBooks processing centers are filling orders and handing packages to our carriers in a timely manner. But, please be aware our shipping partners, including the USPS, are experiencing high package volume and subsequently shipping delays may occur. For US orders, please allow an extra 2-4 business days for shipping. You will receive a shipping confirmation email as soon as your order is shipped. Thank you for your patience.
International orders to all locations may experience delays.
We are temporarily unable to ship to the following locations:
- El Salvador
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Customer Service Updates
ThriftBooks is open for business and ready to assist you. We continue to be focused on the health and safety of our ThriftBooks associates while providing the highest service level possible for customers needing assistance. Because of this, our Customer Service phone and chat hours may be shortened to accommodate an increase in customer contacts.
During this period, the quickest way to contact us is to complete our Contact Us form to send us an email, which we are answering 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
If you have an account with us and you need to track a shipment, update your email settings, or even cancel an order, you are able to do that yourself via the My Account page on ThriftBooks.com.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
ThriftBooks Customer Service